When the newest Star Wars movie, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, opens this December, audiences will finally see the much-awaited, adorable ball-shaped droid, BB-8. Since his debut in the Star Wars trailer, BB-8 has been getting a lot of attention. He is already a fan favorite. So we thought we would make some Star Wars BB-8 Cupcakes, for you to have for your Star Wars party. Today’s party idea is sponsored by Fandango Family, as part of the Fandango Ambassador program; all options are my own.
Looking to get into the Force Awakens fun? Have a little BB-8 fun of your own with these adorable cupcakes, inspired by this little droid and delight your Star Wars fans. To create this cute little droid, you will use a cupcake to create his body, and a cake ball as his head. Little brown and orange candies complete the cute droid look. These little guys are super cute and super easy to pull together!
- 1 9-inch cake, any flavor
- 12 cupcakes, any flavor
- 1-2 recipe white frosting (from scratch or canned)
- Large and mini M&Ms, orange and brown
- 12 Orange ring candies, such as gummy life savors
- 12 white cupcake liners
Quick & Easy Steps for Star Wars BB-8 Cupcakes
- Crumble the cake in a large bowl with your hands into fine crumbs. Stir 2-3 tablespoons of frosting into cake crumbs to create a paste consistency.
- Chill for about 30 minutes.
- While mixture is chilling, frost cupcakes with ½ white frosting and set aside.
- Once cake ball mixture is chilled, scoop and roll into 12 round 1-2-inch cake balls and place on a wax paper-covered baking pan. Return to refrigerator or freezer to set.
- While cake balls are setting, assemble your decorations.
- Once cake balls are set, roll in frosting and place on top of cupcakes. You can use a small spoon or knife to smooth frosting. If the consistency of frosting is too thick to roll the balls in, you can put it in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to thin it a bit.
- Add orange ring candy to the top of the cake ball. Add one large and one mini brown M&M to the face, place about 3 orange M&Ms (large and mini) to the droids’ body.
The force will definitely be with you, in any galaxy – very near or far, far away — if you make these BB-8 Cupcakes.
Find MoreStar Wars: The Force Awakens, Interviews and more on Fandango Family
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens Party Idea on Pinterest
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Free Star Wars The Force Awakens Printable Decorations
- Free Star Wars: The Force Awakens Printable Party Decoration Pack
- Free Star Wars: The Force Awakens Printable Cupcake Toppers & Decorations
- Free Star Wars: The Force Awakens Invitation & Thank You Card Templates
Star Wars The Force Awakens Gift Ideas
- Introducing Star Wars: The Force Awakens To Disney Infinity 3.0
Star Wars The Force Awakens Bedroom Idea
- 50 Star Wars A Force Awakens Birthday Gift Ideas for Kids
- 25 Star Wars Books for Kids
Star Wars The Force Awakens Crafts
Star Wars The Force Awakens Food Idea
Star Wars The Force Awakens Interviews & Fun Facts
- Fun Facts on the Costume for StarWars: The Force Awakens
- 3 Lessons Kids can learn from Star Wars: The Force Awakens & Spoiler-Free
Star Wars The Force Awakes In theaters Now