Good Grief! We can hardly wait to join Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the rest of the beloved Peanuts Gang as they hit the big screen in The Peanuts Movie. Nothing says Peanuts like, well,a tasty peanuts mix. Our Good Grief Popcorn Treat included a mixture of goodies you can find at your local dollar store. We recommend you serve it in popcorn boxes or bags or red and white striped cups, making this a fun and easy Peanuts Movie Party Idea.
What You Need for Good Grief Popcorn Treat:
For the popcorn:
- ½ – ¾ c. popcorn kernels
- 3-4 Tbsp. oil, plus more for coating bowl
- Salt to Taste
For the Caramel Sauce:
- 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 c. dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 c. any movie-type candy
- I used a mixture of Milk Duds and Whoppers
Quick & Easy Steps:
- In a deep pot, with lid, add oil and 3-4 popcorn kernels over medium high heat. Once those kernels pop, remove from heat and remove kernels from the pan. Add the remaining kernels and salt. Put top back on and gently shake to make sure all kernels are equally covered in oil.
- Return pot to medium heat, leave the top slightly askew so steam can escape and gently shake over the burner. Once the popping slows down and the kernels are all popped, remove the pot from the burner.
- Empty popcorn into a large, greased metal bowl.
- Add in peanuts. Set aside.
- Prepare the caramel: In a medium saucepan, combine caramel candies and milk over medium heat. Stay close and stir often until the caramels are all melted. Once melted, remove from heat and allow to sit about 1 minute.
- Pour caramel sauce over popcorn peanut mix and toss to coat.
- Mix in candy, if using.
- Spread popcorn in a single, even layer on a parchment-covered baking sheet (or two, if needed). Break up clumps as popcorn cools.
- If you do not want your popcorn to be sticky, you can place in a low-heat oven (200-250 degrees) for about 20 minutes. Once removed, break up clumps and let cool.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
More on The Peanuts Party Idea’s
More on The Peanuts Party Idea’s on Pintrest
Follow MrsKathyKing’s board The Peanuts Movie birthday party Ideas on Pinterest.