I love reading books, but am not good at keeping track of bookmarks! I don’t like emptying my wallet to buy a bookmark in the store, so I just use various things I find in my home. I decided I needed to make my own bookmark. I always have paint chips lying around my house. One day I put two and two and ended up with a paint chip bookmark! These take only minutes to make and are super inexpensive!
- Paint chips
- Eyelets or Grommets
- Accessories to embellish (ex. Stamps, stickers, flowers)
- Cut your paint chips down to the size bookmark you would like
- Decorate your bookmark with stamps, stickers, or any other embellishments
- Apply your eyelet or grommet at the top of the paint chip. You could also punch a hot at the top of your bookmark if you don’t have eyelets or grommets available
- String ribbon through the hole at the top and tie
Now with very little time and money, you have a personalized bookmark that won’t put a dent in your wallet. These make a perfect gift for any age group. They can be personalized, and would even be fun to make with kids at a party or event. Now you have the perfect, inexpensive solution to keep your place in a book!
I would love to see what you think about this post. Please leave your comments below and let me know.