You can’t help falling in love with Hank the Septopus from Disney/Pixar’s ‘Finding Dory.’ My family and I have seen the movie, and he is our favorite character in the film. So much so that we thought we would include him in our ‘Finding Dory’ party theme series.
Our “Finding Dory Birthday Party Idea: Hank the Septopus Rice Krispies Treats” are sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next gathering.
Make 9 octopus-shaped Hank the Septopus Rice Krispies Treats 9×9 pan:
Ingredients for our “Finding Dory Birthday Party Idea: Hank the Septopus Rice Krispies Treats”
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- Two 10 oz. bags of marshmallows
- 10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 tablespoon solid shortening
- 2/3 cup Wilton orange candy melts
- 9 Trolli Sour Brite Octopus candies (will need to buy 2 seperate 4.25 oz bags of multi-colored)
- 9 large marshmallows
- 18 candy eyes
- 5 orange M&M’s – cut in half
Directions for our “Finding Dory Birthday Party Idea: Hank the Septopus Rice Krispies Treats”
1. Spray a 9×9 pan with a non-stick coating spray and set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Add the marshmallows to the butter, stirring constantly until melted.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the cereal until well-coated.
5. Transfer the cereal mixture to prepared 9×9 pan and press down firmly.
6. Cool for 30 minutes and cut into 9 squares.
7. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper and lay the 9 treat squares on it.
8. In a double boiler, melt the shortening over medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the orange candy melts and stir occasionally until melted.
9. Transfer the melted chocolate to a small microwave-safe mixing bowl.
10. Dip the Rice Krispies squares into the melted chocolate, covering each one entirely. Place them on the cookie sheet.
11. Before the chocolate hardens, place a candy octopus in the center of each square.
12. If your remaining orange chocolate has become too thick, microwave it for 8-10 seconds to thin it out.
13. Dip a marshmallow into the melted chocolate, covering entirely. Place the coated marshmallow on top of the octopus- this will be the head. (It may be easier to use a scissors to cut off the head of each candy so the marshmallow fits evenly on it).
14. Before the chocolate hardens, gently place 2 candy eyes on the marshmallow.
15. Above each candy eye, gently press 1/2 of a M&M above each eye. Let set for 15 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
16. Repeat steps 13-15 on the remaining 8 Rice Krispies squares.
Don’t forget to Check Out our Finding Dory Pinterest board for more Recipes and Craft
More On Finding Dory
Finding Dory In Theaters Now