This past week I discovered a bunch of T-shirts that I no longer need. I decided to do some crafting with these extra T-shirts. With summer in full swing, I’m always looking for creative ways to keep my hair back and stay cool. I discovered you can make a creative, cheap headband with just three items found in your home to help you stay cool on those hot summer days!
- Old T-shirt
- Cut off the bottom hem of the shirt. Then cut five one-inch wide strips horizontally across the shirt starting from the bottom.
- Set the bottom hem aside. Stretch all of the remaining strips until they become long, and the raw edges start to roll inwards.
- Cut the five strands in half so they become long strands
- Gather the five strands and secure them onto a hard surface with tape. This will make it easier for you to braid.
- Take the outside left strand and place it one over to the right.
- Take the middle strand and place it one over to the left.
- Take the outside right strand and place it one over to the left.
- Take the middle strand and place it one over to the right.
- Repeat steps 5 through 8 till you reach the end.
- Once you have finished braiding, trim the headband to fit your head, leaving about an inch on each end for knotting.
- Start by double knotting one strand from each end of the braid together.
- Match each end with another strand from the opposite end and double knot.
- Trim the ends off of the double knots, and you’re done!
There you have it! With just three items found in your home you have a unique, inexpensive way to keep cool and look amazing! These would make the perfect gift for any girl, young or old, that you may know and they cost nothing!
I would love to see what you think about this post. Please leave your comments below and let me know.