Star Wars is set to hit a big screen near you, so you’ll need to make sure you’re prepared. Along with the “force,” you’ll also want to bring some tasty treats, a pal or two, and this easy-to-make, no-sew D.I.Y. Princess Leia doll. Felt is amazing to work with, as it’s cheap and simple to get the hang of. Make the doll for yourself, or someone who you know will love it!
Supplies You’ll Need for the D.I.Y. Princess Leia Doll:
Step 1 – Place template on top of two white pieces of felt, then cut them out so that you are left with two identical body pieces. Click here for the Template
Step 2 – Apply hot glue around the outer edges of the piece you intend to use for the back of the doll. Do not apply glue to the bottom yet. You’ll need that open to add the stuffing. Place the front and back pieces together, and allow the glue to dry completely.
Step 3 – Trace the head/face onto felt that you would like to use for Princess Leia’s skin color. Here, we’ve used tan.
Step 4 – Cut out the head/face and then use hot glue to adhere the felt to the front of the body.
- Step 5 – Insert stuffing into the doll through the bottom, once the glue is completely dry. Use the handle of a wooden spoon, or something that is long and skinny, to help push the stuffing down into the head.
Step 6 – Apply hot glue inside of the bottom edges to seal the doll.
Step 7 – Place hair template on top of two pieces of felt, then cut them out. You should have two hair pieces that are exactly the same. You will use one for the front of the doll and one for the back. Click here for the Template
Step 8 – Cut out enough of your hair color to fill in the back of the Leia’s head so that you don’t see any of the white peaking through once the hair is applied.
Step 9 – Lay the hair down, then place the doll on top. Place the front of the hair over top, then use hot glue to attach the two hair pieces to each other, as well as to the head.
Step 10 – Cut out embellishments, such as the eyes, hands, mouth, and dress accessories. Don’t forget to add highlights to the hair to really set off Leia’s signature buns!
Tell us what you think about our D.I.Y. Princess Leia doll in the comments below!
Please Pin It On Pinterest so its easy for you to find later 🙂
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens Party Idea on Pinterest
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Free Star Wars The Force Awakens Printable Decorations
- Free Star Wars: The Force Awakens Printable Party Decoration Pack
- Free Star Wars: The Force Awakens Printable Cupcake Toppers & Decorations
- Free Star Wars: The Force Awakens Invitation & Thank You Card Templates
Star Wars The Force Awakens Gift Ideas
- Introducing Star Wars: The Force Awakens To Disney Infinity 3.0
Star Wars The Force Awakens Bedroom Idea
- 50 Star Wars A Force Awakens Birthday Gift Ideas for Kids
- 25 Star Wars Books for Kids
Star Wars The Force Awakens Crafts
Star Wars The Force Awakens Food Idea
Star Wars The Force Awakens Interviews & Fun Facts
- Fun Facts on the Costume for StarWars: The Force Awakens
- 3 Lessons Kids can learn from Star Wars: The Force Awakens & Spoiler-Free
Star Wars The Force Awakes In theaters Now