A couple of months ago, me and a few others got to sit down with Alec Baldwin and talk about his latest a film animated Boss Baby and what it meant to families, here are a couple of highlights from the things he had to say from our short sit down.
When Alec was asked about his change in roles since having children, Alec responded: “There are things you don’t want to do anymore. Not that I was making films that objectionable. But when you have kids there’s that pull for wanting to make films that are more kid-friendly.”
Baldwin also talked about a couple of fun ideas he wanted to implement into the film but didn’t quite make it: “We created our version of Boss Baby being playful and silly. We had a character we wrote called ‘Senior Bacon’ where I’d take a piece of bacon off of a plate and hold it to my upper lip while reciting ‘I am Senior Bacon!’ And we did this funny improv thing, but it didn’t quite fit with the rest of the film, so it was cut out.”
Alec also confirmed that his character on 30 Rock helped him become Boss Baby.
When I asked Alec Baldwin when he knew he wanted to take on the role of Boss Baby, Alec shared: “I always say yes to roles because of time wise it’s not that awful of a commitment. The challenge is to maintain truth to the character over years of time. I often would see them ( the studio ) for a couple of months in between sessions, and getting back to the studio and back into that Boss Baby mindset. Because to play these characters (and I know this sounds funny) you might come to work and just don’t feel like being that guy that day. Maybe you’ve had a bad day and don’t feel very confident, and you feel quiet, then you have to go in there and be this cracky ripple. It’s not hard it’s just different. When you go in there, you have to get into it for a while.”
And when asked if Alec had a ritual physically or emotionally for getting into character, he confirmed that he did nothing but drink a ton of coffee!
Boss Baby releases on. . .
ON DIGITAL HD JULY 4 AND ON SPECIAL EDITION BLU-RAY™, BLU-RAY 3D™, 4K ULTRA HD & DVD JULY 25
It‘s a nice grab if you’re looking for a fun family movie night.
THE BOSS BABY SPECIAL EDITION comes loaded with bonus features including the NEW Mini Adventure, a 3-minute action-packed journey through time featuring Boss Baby and Tim. Join the fun as Boss Baby and Tim battle pirates, travel through outer space, swim deep into the sea, and go toe-to-toe with some ferocious dinosaurs! Additional bonus materials include featurettes like “Cookies are for Closers: Inside BabyCorp,” Deleted Scenes and more!
THE BOSS BABY Blu-ray™, Blu-ray 3D, 4K Ultra HD, DVD and Digital HD each include more than 30 minutes of extras:
- NEW Mini Adventure: The Boss Baby and Tim’s Treasure Hunt Through Time – Narrated by Wizzie, the magical wizard, join Boss Baby and Tim on their adventure!
- The Forever Puppy Infomercial – Always playful, always snuggly, and everlastingly cute; The Forever Puppy is destined to win the cuteness competition with babies once and for all.
- BabyCorp and You – Helpful advice and more for new infants on the job at BabyCorp.
- Babies vs. Puppies: Who Do YOU Love? – Who has won the hearts of familes once and for all? This “scientific” experiment compares and contrasts factors such as “cuddliness,” “adorability,” and “attention grabbing techniques” used by both demanding competitors.
- The Boss Baby’s Undercover Team – From Staci, the note taker who can’t read, to Jimbo the huge baby who’ll take a suction cup arrow for the Boss, to the triple-threat of the Triplets, Boss Baby dives deeper into this team of cute corporate board members.
- Cookies are for Closers: Inside BabyCorp – Go behind the scenes with Director Tom McGrath as he introduces us to BabyCorp, a secret organization of infants united for a common goal in
THE BOSS BABY.
- The Great Sibling Competition – A fun, kid-friendly and humorous look at the competition among siblings to win the affection of their parents. Explore conversations with the cast and crew on their competitive sibling relationships and get very special insights from Boss Baby himself: Alec Baldwin.
Till next Time