Can you defeat the Kraken Queen and her aquatic army?
The Voyage to the Iron Reef™ has surfaced at Knott’s Berry Farm! Knott’s new ride is a spectacular interactive 4-D ride for the entire family. Come save Knott’s from mysterious creatures emerging from the seas beneath the Boardwalk in a cutting edge media-based battle. Travel through enchanting underwater forests, disorienting ocean current tunnels, mysterious mechanical wreckage, and high definition 3-D animation surrounding you at every turn.
Find out if you have what it takes to become a brave deep sea navigator and climb aboard a submarine-inspired vehicle to embark on an adventure into the Iron Reef. The ride combines the fun of a theme park ride with the interactivity of high tech video games.
Get ready to aim your freeze ray at ballooning mechanical puffer fish, iron-clad octopus, and other exciting 3-D creatures. As you compete with your friends; to see who will blast the most sea life and save Knott’s from a watery doom. The number of creatures taken is digitally displayed in the undock area, and players with the highest scores enter the Iron Reef’s Hall of Fame.
Matt and I had a chance to fight the Kraken at a media event on May 13, 2014. I’m not sure if we were able to save the park. However, we loved the ride so much we went on four times, to try. At the event, I discover some fun facts that I wanted to share with you.
(Please feel friend to share with your friends by using the button to the left and above?
Here are 7 Secrets to Knott’s Voyage of the Iron Reef
- The network cable that powers the screens is long enough to wrap around the Hollywood sign 85 times
- The submarines navigate 11 colossal scenes featuring hundreds of media-based creatures and other special effects.
- Blast hidden medallions throughout the ride to score higher points
- Easter eggs of various iconic treasures from Knott’s past are hidden throughout the ride and interact with the blast of a freeze ray (Hint: Look for the famous Roaring 20s sign!)
- Look for the hidden Snoopy in the all new ride dock mural
- Iron Reef is newest interactive 4-D ride on the West Coast and the only interactive 4D ride in the dense So Cal theme park marketplace featuring an entirely original story and characters
- The interactive voyage reacts to the actions and accuracy of the guests onboard
Do you You think you can defeat the Kraken Queen?
More on Knott’s:
More on Knott’s on Pinterest:
Follow MrsKathyKing’s board Knott’s Berry Farm California on Pinterest.