Disney/Pixar’s ‘The Good Dinosaur’ is a heartwarming story about friendship. The movie takes you on an emotional journey as you watch the friendship unfold between an Apatosaurus named Arlo, (voice of Raymond Ochoa) and his human friend Spot (voice of Jack Bright). While traveling together, the pair faces an array of antagonists during their adventure—from raptors that are scrappier than they look, to the pterodactyls that are up to no good. But its nature that gives them their biggest challenge. From flash floods, sudden weather changes, a raging river that has no mercy, to a treacherous trek that will test Arlo like never before. However, through the challenges, Arlo learns the power of confronting his fears and discovers what he is truly capable of.
The movie has one of the most emotional storylines that I have ever seen from the franchise, with several key messages that many children can learn from, such as friendship, overcoming one’s fears, and determination.
Here are 3 lessons kids will learn from The Good Dinosaur:
Lesson 1: Overcoming One’s Fear
Arlo is born into a beautiful nurturing family yet he is scared of everything, which ultimately interferes with successfully doing his share of the chores on his family’s farm. It is not until he is put into a situation which forces him to face his fears, and it is then he discovers the strength he has within.
Lesson 2: Friendship
Arlo blames Spot for his dreary circumstances. However, despite his attitude Spot wins him over with kindness, and the two ultimately develop a relationship that we all can relate to.
Lesson 3: Self-Discovery
Arlo is thrown into a vast wilderness where he is forced to face his fears in order to survive. During his journey he encounters a host of unique personalities who all contribute to his evolution, but it’s Spot’s loyalty, unconditional love, and friendship that fuels his self-discovery.
You and your child will emerge into the story through breathtaking landscapes and a clever storyline. Disney/Pixar’s ‘The Good Dinosaur’ is a beautiful movie for families watch.
Mom Tip: There are parts in the movie that cover topics such as loss; however, the story is very beautiful. I had no issues with my daughter watching the film. However, if you have a sensitive child, I recommend you watching it with them when they’re a bit older.
Disney/Pixar’s ‘The Good Dinosaur’ in Theaters November 25, 2015
More Good Dinosaur Party Idea on Pinterest
Follow MrsKathyKing’s board The Good Dinosaur Birthday Party Ideas on Pinterest./
Free The Good Dinosaur Interactive Lesson Plans for kids
More The Good Dinosaur Party Idea
Free Good Dinosaur Printable Decorations
- Free Good Dinosaur Printable Party Decoration Pack
- Free Good Dinosaur Printable Cupcake Toppers & Decorations
- Free Good Dinosaur Birthday Party & Playdate Invitation Templates
- DIY Cupcake Tower Printable and Instructions
- How to Plan The Good Dinosaur Play Dates
- Free Good Dinosaur Playdate Party Printable
Good Dinosaur Gift Ideas
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Introducing Spot And Friends
- 50 Good Dinosaur Gift Ideas
- 15 Dinosaur Themed Nursery Ideas inspired by The Good Dinosaur
- 20 Disney® Pixar The Good Dinosaur Books
Good Dinosaur Party Supplies
Good Dinosaur Crafts
- The Good Dinosaur Lightning Bugs Craft
- Arlo Origami Good Dinosaur Paper Craft
- Dino – Snowflake the Good Dinosaur Paper Craft Activity
Good Dinosaur Printable Activites
- 17 The Good Dinosaur Printable Activities
- Free Printable The Good Dinosaur Board Game!
- The Good Dinosaur Printable Dino-Rama Activity
- Holiday Activites – The Good Dinosaur Christmas Advent
Good Dinosaur Party Food Idea
Good Dinosaur Party Activites
Good Dinosaur Interviews & Fun Facts
- Meet the voices behind Disney/Pixar “The Good Dinosaur”
- Meet the Director of Sanjay’s Super Team: Sanjay Patel
- 4 Interesting Facts on the Creation of Disney/Pixar’s ‘The Good Dinosaur’ from Director Peter Sohn & Producer Denise Ream
Good Dinosaur Movie Review
At the Premier of the Good Dinosaur
- At the Green Carpet premiere of The Good Dinosaur
- Follow me as I embark on a trio of Magical Experiences