After you have decked the halls, it is time to turn your attention to setting a beautiful table to celebrate your Christmas meals.
Here, we have a few themes that can take you from a simple family breakfast, to an elegant soiree and everything in between. We have over 170 Christmas table settings idea’s that include linens, dishes, drinkware, serving pieces and some fun accents or accessories to bring your theme to life. Choose your favorite theme – or more – and celebrate your Christmas in style.
Don’t forget the kids, whether they are sitting at the big table or have a table of their own, you can always add in some of the more playful (and less fragile) items to make their Christmas meal extra-special.
A Rustic Christmas
Whether your taste tends toward farmhouse chic or woodsy lodge, you can create a lovely, simple rustic Christmas table that is welcoming and cozy for all who come to share a meal with you. Burlap is a great base layer for a simple rustic table, such as this lovely tablecloth and various runners that add a little personality to your Rustic table.
- Burlap Natural Table Cloth
- Natural Brown Burlap Table Runner
- Saint Nick Christmas with Printed Burlap Collection Christmas Table Runner
- Burlap Santa Runner Fringed “Merry Christmas”
- Rustic Reindeer Jute Christmas Table Runner
Simple dishes do not have to lack personality. You can choose these beautiful, picturesque designs, the playful, Christmas-tree toting designs or the backwoods lodge for your Christmas dishes, and replace traditional glasses with mason jars or milk jars to further the rustic feel.
- American Atelier Christma Twig Dinnerware Set
- One Hundred 80 Degrees Coupe Holiday Plates
- VonShef Set of 4 Mason Glass Drinking Jars 15-Oz Glasses with Reusable Straws, Twist Lids & Handles
- Holiday Themed Set of 4 Glass Mason Jars With Handles, Lids & Straws, Zeesline Christmas Drinkware set
Your choice of napkins, napkin rings and serving pieces will further enhance your Christmas tablescape. Consider bringing in natural elements, such as bark or stoneware. Think outside the box a little, too. For example, these adorable reindeer jingle bell ornaments will look great doubling as napkin rings on your table. Don’t shy away from adding in a few natural decorations as well, such as branches, berries and leaves.
- Burlap Napkin – Set of 4
- Reindeer Jingle Bell Ornaments 12 Pack
- Christmas Tree with Holly Ceramic Plate
- Rustic Style Tree Log Napkin Rings
Holly & the Ivy
Holly and Ivy are iconic and beautiful Christmas symbols. The green ivy and the bright red holly berries create a stunning Christmas tablescape.
Holly and Ivy dishes and glasses will fill your table with red, white and green, but you can choose more casual or more formal, depending on your taste.
- Pfaltzgraff Winterberry Handpainted Square Glass Christmas Tree Platter
- LG Stylish 16-piece Dinnerware Set Christmas Flower
- Holiday Christmas Holly Berry Clear Glass Goblet Set
You can dress your table in red or green linens with subtle holly and berries and let your dishes and accessories really showcase the holly and ivy, or you can bring out the berries and ivy on your linens as well. Here, are a few of the offerings available.
- Lenox Holiday Nouveau Collection
- Lenox Holly Tablecloth
- Christmas Holiday Holly Berry Table Linens Runner
- Lenox Golden Holly Tablecloth
- Lenox Holiday Napkin 4-Pack
- Lenox Holly and Berry Napkin Rings, Set of 4
- Lenox Holiday Nouveau Napkin Rings, Set of 4
- Lenox Holiday Round Platter
- Certified International Winter Wonder 13-in. Square Serving Platter
A little silver and gold adds a sophisticated touch to any holiday table. You can go monochromatic, or choose to mix your metals for a fun sparkly effect.
Touches of gold and silver create a festive table. To add sophistication to this look, don’t forget chargers and accent plates to enhance your table. This look can take you right through New Year’s Eve.
- Noritake Summit Gold 5 Piece Place Setting
- Noritake “Silver Palace” Holiday Accent Plate
- Richland® Round Acrylic Beaded Charger Plates 13″ Silver Set of 12
- Mikasa Cheers 4-pc Baloon Wine Goblet
- 4-pc Stemless Wine Glasses Clear
Tablecloths, runners and placemats can further build your monochromatic or mixed-metal look. Play with patterns and texture to really make your table shine.
- Homewear Holiday Wonderland Gold Collection
- Square Matte Gold Sequin Tablecloth
- Chilewich Metallic Lace Runner
The little extra bling you add to your table are sure to make your table shine! So have a little fun with your serving pieces and your napkin rings.
- Hammered Curve Tray
- Threshold Metal Hammered Small Serving Bowl Gold
- Noritake Dinnerware, Odessa Gold Oval Platter
- Elegance Napkin Rings with Crystal, Gold, Set of 4 –
- Handmade Indian Silver Beaded Napkin Rings – Set of 6 Rings –
Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
Delight all the kids – young and young and at heart – when you fill your table with Santas. Get ready, because Santa Claus is coming to town, and he’s making an extra special stop at your Christmas table!
With Christmas dishes sporting Santas, from classic to the jolly, and even a touch of whimsy, your Santa-clad table is sure to enchant your guests!
- Melange 32 Piece Santa Comes Home Christmas Couope Porcelain Place Setting Servinge for 8 Dinnerware, White
- Certified International Susan Winget Santa’s Workshop 4-pc. Dessert Plate Set
- Certified International Santa’s Workshop Assorted Soup/Pasta Bowls Set of 4 (8.5″) –
- Villeroy & Boch Toy’s Fantasy Santa Small Bowl
Pick a few of your favorite Santa serving pieces to tie together your table. Tablecloths, runners, placemats, napkins and napkin rings, all sporting Jolly Ol’ St. Nicholas will really pull your look together.
- BB&B Traditional Santa Fabric Tablecloth Christmas Table Cloth – Amazon
- Santa Christmas Holiday Tapestry Placemats Set of 4 – Amazon
- Christmas Santa Suit Table Runner – Amazon
- Sotijobs 4pcs Christmas Napkin Rings – Amazon
- Winking Santa Casual Napkin Bundle – Amazon
- Santa Holly Set of 4 Napkins © Sharyn Sowell Fiddlers Elbow – Amazon
- Selections by Chaumont Standing Santa Napkin Rings-Set of 4 – Amazon
Oh Christmas Tree
The Christmas Tree has been used to celebrate Christmas and decorate homes for thousands of years.
Using Christmas tree dinnerware, you can set a formal table or a more casual table. Don’t be afraid to mix and match the sets to accommodate your crowd or your tastes. Some of these sets would also make wonderful accent plates or would create a lovely, fun children’s table.
- Spode Christmas Tree Dinnerware Collection
- Villeroy & Boch Toy’s Delight Dinnerware Collection
- Fiesta Christmas Tree Collection
Your table linen choices once again will help you build your table to your liking, for a more formal look choose the Spode Tablecloth and napkins, or add a fun Christmas tree table runner to add a little more interest.
- Spode Christmas Tree Napkins
- Holiday Embroidered Tree, 14 x 72″ Fringe Burlap Table Runner
- Christmas Tree Napkin Rings
- Spode Christmas Tree Napkin Ring, Gold, Set of 4
Finally, your Christmas tree serving dishes will complete your look, and can help you pull in some more color to your Christmas table. These pieces add a bit of interest to a more traditional theme.
- Fiesta 9-in. Christmas Tree Trio Serving Platter
- Martha Stewart Collection Winter Woods Square Glass Platter
- 222 Fifth Northwood Cottage Platter
- Royal Albert Old Country Roses Holiday Sandwich Tray
There is often something nostalgic about holidays. This Christmas, invite your guests to remember some of their favorite Christmases past by creating a vintage Christmas table.
For your dinnerware, the Johnson Brother sets and the Gibson set have a beautiful, classic vintage feel. Vintage doesn’t have to be serious, though, as the Vintage truck set shows clearly. Mix in some vintage glassware for a lovely mismatched setting.
- Johnson Brothers Victorian Christmas Stoneware Dinnerware Set
- Johnson Brothers Friendly Village 28-Piece Set
- 8 Pc Set of Christmas Vintage Truck Plates & Mugs Dessert Serving Set
- Amici Milk Glasses, 11 oz – Set of 6
- Marquis by Waterford Vintage Jewels Stemless, Set of 4
There are so many ways to create a vintage feel with table linens, from a crochet runner, to a vintage car runner. Don’t be hemmed in by traditional uses. Hand towels, tea towels and dish towels with wonderful designs make a big impact as placemats or napkins on the kitchen table. Finally, your napkin rings pull together your style, from flea market style stars to vintage silver spoons.
- Beige Hand Crocheted Table Runner– Amazon
- Red Truck Christmas Holiday Decor Burlap Runner – Amazon
- Set of 4 Vintage Christmas Santa Claus Towel – Amazon
- Christmas Kitchen Towels Vintage Reindeer – Amazon
- DII Napkin Rings Vintage Silver Spoon – Amazon
- Vintage Star Paris Flea Market Style Napkin Rings – Amazon
Your vintage serving pieces need not be holiday-specific to draw attention. Scour your cabinets (or your Grandmother’s) for some great pieces in stoneware, ceramics or glass. If you choose red or green touches on these pieces, you are bringing a little extra Christmas color to your Christmas table. No family heirlooms? Check out these great pieces.
- Grasslands Road Nothern Lights Pitcher
- Godinger 25506 Dublin Dinnerware Dublin 3 Tier High Server
- StudioSilversmiths 43983 Crystal Case Large Candy Dish – Red
- Vagabond Vintage, Green Frosted Glass Cake Plate – Small
Pretty in Plaid
There is something about plaid that is timeless, but also cozy and comforting. Are you looking for a special way to start your Christmas Day off? Try creating a welcoming table layered with plaids. It will draw your guests in, they’ll want to gather together, and have a cup of coffee. So play with your plaids and create a one-of-a-kind holiday. And if you are looking to mix themes, plaid and rustic are a great fit!
Start off with a few great plaid dishes.
For plaid drinkware, get creative. You can skip the color, but continue the texture in the plaid hi ball glass, you can add a touch of holiday spirit with the Father Christmas Goblet, or go full color and cozy with the plaid mugs.
Linens are such an easy way to play with your plaid theme. Layer tablecloths and napkins, runners and placemats to add dimension and fun. You can even throw a cozy plaid blanket over your table, alone or layered. That’s the real joy of the Pretty in Plaid table — anything goes!
- Burlap Placemat with Plaid Trim
- DII 100% Cotton, Ribbed Holiday Plaid
- Well Dressed Home Red and Green Royal Steward Tartan Striped Plaid Christmas Fabric Tablecloth Linens
- DII 100% Jute, Holiday Embroidered Tree, Fringe Burlap Table Runner
- Cuddlduds Yarn Dye Acrylic Throw, 50 by 60-Inch, Red Plaid
- Lenox Nouveau Plaid Napkin Rings, Set of 4
Serving pieces may be a bit harder to find, so think outside the box. Try plaid trays, use this fun plaid carafe to keep your Christmas morning coffee (or hot cocoa) piping hot, and a sweet plaid picnic basket will hold your Christmas morning treats!
- Lenox Winter Greetings Plaid Open Vegetable Bowl
- Vintique Wood Oval Willow Basket with Red White Plaid Lining and Handles – Amazon
- Creative Co-Op Decorative Plaid Trays (Set of 3)
For many, Christmas dinner is all about tradition. When you pull together these classic Christmas pieces, you instantly have an elegant Christmas table. Don’t forget to mix in much-loved family favorite pieces to up the homey factor.
Really, any Christmas dishes that have been in your family for years will nicely set your table, but if you need some extras, here are some great ideas to mix and match with your old favorites or start over with a new Classic Christmas tradition. For the kids’ table, kid-friendly doesn’t have to be silly. Be sure to include a classic like the Villeroy & Boch Toy’s Delight Collection. It will thrill old and young, but still fit very much within your classic elegant theme.
- Johnson Brothers Old Britain Castles 12-Piece Holiday Dinnerware Set
- Lenox Embassy Collection
- Villeroy & Boch Toy’s Delight Dinnerware Collection
- Waterford Crystal Gifts, Snowflake Wishes for Joy Collection
- Pfaltzgraff Winterberry Glassware Collection
Mix some of the serving pieces from your Christmas set with pieces from some other classic sets, as well as some cut crystal and silver for a show-stopping look.
- Godinger Symphony Wine Decanter 1.2l
- 3 Piece Stainless Steel Serving Set Handled Tray, Fork and Spatula
- Spode Christmas Tree Merry Christmas Tree Tray
- Spode Christmas Tree 2-Tier Cake Stand, Gold
A beautiful white tablecloth, napkins and silver napkin rings are right at home on an elegant, classic Christmas table. If you prefer a pop off color, bring in reds or greens either solo and sparkly in placemats or napkin rings or with traditional Christmas themes, such as poinsettias or holly.
- Holiday Christmas Embroidered Poinsettia Tablecloth & Napkins Red Gold
- Homewear Graceful Poinsettia Collection
- Homewear Holly Scroll Napkins, Set of 4
- Food Network™ 4-pc. Metallic Snowflake Napkin Set
- Hemstitch Dinner Napkins Set of 12 – White
- Set of 6 Red Beaded Table Decoration Napkin Rings
- Godinger Set 4 Round Napkin Rings
The greatest part of Christmas is the magic. We all love to feel filled with awe. Why not fill your table with a variety of awe-inspiring items that will put an extra smile on your guests’ faces. With this whimsical theme, really the only limits is your creativity – whether you are choosing funny phrases, mixing patterns or endearing characters, this table is all about your sense of fun. Here are a few fun ideas to get your started. This is truly one theme you must play with to bring out your own personal style!
You can begin with a fun set of Christmas dishes or choose a playful pattern in red or green and then mix in fun accents, such as salad plates, bowls, desert plates, glasses and mugs to create your very own brand of whimsy. So go ahead, enchant your guests.
- Red Vanilla Tuxedo Rouge 16-Piece Dinnerware Set
- g – Macy’s
- St. Nicholas Square® Yuletide 16-pc. Square Dinnerware Set – Kohls
- Mossy Oak Snowman Holiday 16-pc. Dinnerware Set – Kohls
- 222 Fifth Christmas Tunes Collection Salad Plates – Macy’s
- Chalkboard Christmas Assorted Dessert – Target
- PEANUTS Christmas Holiday Scenes Plate Collection – Ceramic (Set of 4) – Amazon
- Christmas Cookies 7.5-inch Melamine Plates, Set of 4 – Amazon
Have a little fun with your drinkware. For drinking glasses, try a set with a loveable Christmas characters, like the Peanuts Gang, or everyone’s favorite Christmas villain, The Grinch. For an added touch of whimsy, don’t miss the Handstand Santa and Snowman mugs – what a fun way to start or end your Christmas Day!
- Vandor LLC 85179 Peanuts Holiday 10-Ounce Glass Set, Set of 4, Multicolored – Amazon
- Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch Who Stole Christmas Glasses Set of 4 – Amazon
- Handstand Santa and Snowman Whimsical Ceramic Christmas Mugs, Set of 2 – Amazon
Set the table with a fun base, and then layer on all your fun accessories. You may like the elf leg table runner below or the snowman face placemat. There are endless tea towels you can use in place of napkins or placemats on your table. Don’t miss the Mary Lake Thompson adorable Christmas dog towels, which can work as placemats or napkins.
- Christmas Sleigh Beverage Napkins – Target
- St. Nicholas Square® Snowman Round Placemat – Kohls
- Christmas Elf Legs Table Runner – Amazon
- Mary Lake Thompson Flour Sack Dog-themed Dish Towels – Amazon
Your whimsical serving pieces will be the last bit of flair added to your table. Choose playful pieces that speak to you. This table is an instant conversation piece. Your guests will be talking and laughing in no time as they examine all the fun little pieces you have strewn across your table. What a wonderful way to enjoy a holiday meal.
- 222 Fifth Christmas Tunes Collection 2-Tier Server – Macy’s
- Holiday Lane Happy Christmas Stocking Plate – Macy’s
- Whimsical Christmas Snowman Cake Plate/Stand for Festive Holiday Dining – Amazon
- Caffco International MB833255 M.Bagwell Simply Christmas Collection Square Ceramic Cake Stand – Amazon
- Caffco International M.Bagwell Simply Christmas Collection Candy Shaped Bowl with Spreader – Amazon
- Spode Christmas Tree Peppermint Figural Nutcracker Teapot – Amazon
- Grasslands Road A Very Merry Christmas: Santa Footed Bowl – Amazon
If you are looking for a table setting that has a bit more staying power than just the Christmas holidays, consider creating a Winter Wonderland table. This can take you from right after Thanksgiving through the entire winter. You will love the look so much, you’ll want to have dinner parties and get-togethers all winter long. What a great way to pass the cold winter days, gathering friends and sharing food and drink on one of these lovely, wintery settings.
The dishes you choose will really set the tone for your Winter Wonderland. Clearly, to create a winter wonderland, we are thinking about snow and white. I love to use a lot of white for these looks, but the dishes will dictate the accent color used in this theme.
If you choose the Fiesta Snowflake Collection, the dish will be your big pop of blue. You can fill the rest of your table with white and silver and a few more touches of blue here and there.
If you choose the Winter Cardinal Set or the Modern Holiday Square Dinner Plate, the dishes both have a small pops of red. The cardinal is subtle and elegant, the reindeer is a little more pronounced and modern. You will fill the rest of your table also with white and silver, and a more pops of red to tie it all together.
- Fiesta Macy’s Exclusive Snowflake Collection – Macy’s
- 222 Fifth Winter Cardinal 19-pc Dinnerware Set – Kohls
- Food Network™ Modern Holiday Square Dinner Plate – Kohls
The Mikasa “Clear Cheers” mimick snow to me, and would fit on either table. I would choose the blue wine glasses to complement the snowflake collection.
These lovely linens make a wonderful, wintry backdrop for any of these dishes.
- Snowflake Placemat – Kohls
- Food Network™ Snowflake Beaded Table Runner – Kohls
- Silver Snowflake Embroidered Tea Towel in 3 Style Options Embroidery Color: Silver – Wintery – Amazon
The white serving pieces will work with either table setting. I would choose a few of the blue or red accents to amp up the color just a bit and complete you beautiful winter wonderland.
- Mikasa “Antique White” Serveware – Macy’s
- Food Network™ Modern Holiday Serving Platter – Kohls
- Food Network™ Modern Holiday 16-in. Serving Platter – Kohls
- Food Network™ Fontinella Snowflake Serving Platter – Kohls
- Miles Kimball Cobalt Blue Depression Style Glass Serving Platter – Amazon
- Elufly Snowflake Condiment White Porcelain Mini Dish – Amazon
We hope you found our list of 170 Christmas Table Settings Idea’s useful. Now, pick a theme and have fun. Enjoy the people you gather around your beautiful table, and they will surely appreciate the effort you put into creating a one-of-a-kind Christmas meal for them. Merry Christmas!