“The Secret Life of Pets” suggests, your pet has a secret life of its’ own; when you leave — treating themselves to a “mixer massage,” visiting friends, raiding the refrigerator, chasing butterflies, exploring the city, and having toilet chugging contests? When your pet is not out doing their own thing, it is great to have a regular place to keep your dog leash readily available for those last-minute walks before heading out the door. Your kids will love making this ‘The Secret Life of Pets Birthday Party Idea’. Our DIY Dog Leash Holder will keep your dog happy and healthy! We have partnered with Simple Solution to bring you a series of sponsored fun pet crafts inspired by the delightful comedy “The Secret Life of Pets.” All opinions are our own.
Materials for ‘The Secret Life of Pets Birthday Party Idea’: DIY Dog Leash Holder
- 7.5×10.5″ unfinished wood plaque
- 3″ alphabet stickers
- 7/8″ Steel Cup hooks
- 2 colors of craft paint
- Clear mod podge
- Foam paint brush x 2
- Fine grit sand paper
- Drill with 1/8″ drill bit
- Black Sharpie
- Black Craft Paint
- Picture Frame Hooks
Directions for ‘The Secret Life of Pets Birthday Party Idea’: DIY Dog Leash Holder
- Paint your wood plaque with your lightest color of paint and dry (you might need two coats)
- Apply your alphabet stickers to the top center of your plaque
- Paint a coat of mod podge on top of your stickers (this will seal the letters so that no paint leaks underneath) and let dry
- Now use your second color of paint and paint over your entire board, even sides, and let dry
- Carefully peel over your alphabet stickers
- Lightly sand the front and edges of your board for a lightly distressed look
- Use your drill and start drilling a hole but not all the way through in the bottom center of your board
- Now drill one on each side about a 3″ space on each side
- Twist your hooks into the drilled holes in the board.
- Next, decorate your holder using a sharpie with dog paws and paint in with black paint. 10. Apply a picture frame hook to the back to hang your Dog Leash Holder up.
While the pets in the movie are able to create their own entertainment while the owners are away, most of our pets need their owners to be a bit more concerned about what is going on while we are gone. Here are a few tips to help you prepare your pet for a day alone, without you having to worry about the mischief they will get into.
- A Place to Snuggle – a place to take a nap, as well as a place to look out the window at people, cars, and birds
- Entertainment – watching other animals on TV or listening to music can soothe your pet while you are away
- Toys help keep your pet from getting bored and becoming destructive
- Food and Water – particularly when it is hot, be sure to leave plenty of fresh, clean water
- Potty Time – if your dog cannot wait for you to come home to go potty outside, be sure to have extra strong dog pads especially designed for the
- Parent’s who are out all day, for a cat, a clean easily accessible litter box is necessary.
- Before You Leave, take your dog for a walk or give him some exercise so that he will be more relaxed and comfortable.
For more great tips, Simple Solution is offering their free e-book “Getting Tough On Pet Stains and Odors”
Click on the image below to grab yours.
More Secret Life of Pets
|DIY Movie Invite
|Candy Dog Craft||Max Treat Jar
||DIY Dog Treat Jar|
|DIY Key Chain||
Sweetpea Paper Plate Craft
|More Secret Life of Pets Articles|
|7 FUN FACTS FROM ‘THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS’
Don’t forget to pin your favorite Crafts, Recipe and More