Last year, we celebrated Joy’s birthday by taking her out to a few locations she has never been too. At the end of the day, as she was going to bed, she informed us that although she had a great time, could we, please give her a My Little Pony birthday party next year. So of course I had to think of My Little Pony Birthday Party Ideas.
Plus, hearing her little voice ask us to please throw her a birthday party as she fell asleep made our hearts melt. We want to give our little princess the world. Since we have a limited amount of time in our general schedule, we decided to get a head start on planning her upcoming party by going to Walmart to collect a few idea quick and easy ideas My Little Pony birthday party ideas that are affordable. We were so impressed with what we found we could not wait to share our discovery with you.
Here are 7 Quick and Easy My Little Pony Birthday Party Ideas That are Affordable.
1) Pick Your Theme: Set the mood of your party right from the start by sending out invitations based around your party theme. We found a My Little Pony Invite and Thank-You Combo Pack, 8 Count. I know it may be a bit old fashion but sending a Thank you card after a party is always a welcome jester that people appreciate. So it was nice finding a combo pack.
2) Make an Eye-Catching Backdrop: Continue your theme by developing a backdrop that will instantly grab the attention of your guest. We created a festive My Little Pony backdrop by hanging My Little Pony Swirl Decoration against white Kraft paper. We plan on making two will use for our candy table, and the other will be used as a photo booth.
3) Save money by mixing decorative tableware with solid colored cups, tablecloths, and plastic utensils: We’ve found the cost of matching paper plates, cups and napkins are always one of our biggest expenses when planning an event. We knew that Walmart offered solid color tableware. However, we were surprised they offered licensed products for the hot movies and television shows such as Disney Cars, Lego Batman, Paw Patrol and we found My Little Pony tableware. Therefore, we bought My Little Pony plates and napkins and saved a bit on our budget purchasing solid colored silverware and cups that complimented our design choice.
4) Build it Yourself: I’ve become a little obsessed with making my cupcake stands and creating lovely table platters by combining various sized plastic plates with a decorative bottom made from different sizes shapes of bowls. The centerpiece for my table setting it going to be the birthday cake. So I created the cake stand by turning a deep dish platter upside down and hot gluing it to the bottom of a decorative bowl. Then I decorated it by gluing some of the confetti around the rim of the platter. Then I sprinkled some confetti around the base of the stand.
5) Use props: My daughter loves My Little Pony, and I know her guest do too. Therefore, I decorated the table with mini toy My Little Pony characters that I found it the toy isle and sprinkled the remaining confetti throughout our table setting.
6) Give your guest something fun to take home: We are known for giving our little guest over the top goodie bags. But, even if you are on a tight budget you can find something nice at Walmart. We found a My Little Pony Party Favor Pack, Value Pack that included several My Little Pony themed items and a matching goodie bags for eight children making the overall cost of the goodie bag about $3 per child. However, if you do want to make your goodie bag over the top, you can do so by adding items such juice boxes, granola bars, chips and a few pieces of candy and toys, all of which can be found at your local Walmart.
7) Save Time: Some of my fondest birthday party memories is the birthday cake at the end. Plus, who doesn’t love ice cream cakes? Our Walmart has a bakery, and we saved time by picking up a strawberry shortcake ice cream cake looked great in our party spread and was delicious. When we host her party later in the year, we plan on doing all our grocery shopping for the party at Walmart.
Although Matt and I shop at Walmart every day, we never realized till working on this collaboration. That Walmart is a destination for all the birthday parties that are popular this spring! They had everything we will need, including food, party supplies, decorations, gifts, toys, and cake. They even had options when it comes to licensed products for the hot movies and television shows out now, including Disney Cars, Beauty and the Beast, Lego Batman, and Paw Patrol. What more you can save time by ordering your party supplies online and depending on the location you can pick them at the store.
For More, My Little Pony Party Ideas available at Walmart check out our Pinterest board.
P.S don’t forget to pin our My Little Pony Birthday Party Ideas on Pinterest to have as a reference when you are planning your next party.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Walmart. The opinions and text are all mine.