We are so excited to share these fun Angry Birds Party Idea Mini Piñata Party Favors that will top off any great Angry Birds party. A favorite game turned movie is a sure win with party-goers of all ages, so we have partnered with Deseret Industries to bring you a fun — and hilariously Angry Birds party treat. Deseret Industries is a non-profit chain of thrift stores, donation centers that provide job training and humanitarian aid locally and around the world.
Pulling together an Angry Birds party can be fun and easy. Don’t overlook the impact of decorations in food in the classic angry bird colors, red, yellow, blue and black, and of course green for the pigs. Beaks, slingshots, and of course, angry eye-brows will all help pull together the theme, but these adorable Angry Birds Mini Piñatas will be the perfect take-away. You can fill them with any items you choose, such as small candy or toys, or even Angry Bird-specific items to keep the theme going. Your guests will be so excited to open these and see what treats are inside.
Materials Angry Birds Party Idea – Mini Piñata Party Favors
- Tissue paper (red, green, yellow)
- Colored paper (red, green, yellow, black, and white)
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
- Double-sided tape
- Googly eyes
- Candy to fill Marker or pencil
Directions Angry Birds Mini Piñatas :
- Using a large glass bowl trace 2 circle onto your cardboard ( double the amount based on the number of pinatas you need) and cut out the circles
- Next, cut a 3 – 4-inch strips of cardboard at the length around your circles and soften cardboard strips by rolling them up
- Hot glue the two ends together to make a loop like pictured and glue cardboard loop onto the circle
- Fill your little pinata up with candy or smalls items of your choice. (if you are using outside, make sure to choose wrapped candy that won’t melt)
- Hot glue 2 cardboard circle piece onto the top
- Cut 20 pieces of tissue paper (of each color) into 4″ x 1″ pieces
- Fold the tissue paper pieces in half lengthwise and begin cutting fringe on them with scissors
- Tape the front and back of your piñatas with a double sided tape
- Begin taping your tissue paper fringe on starting at the bottom and layering to the top (do this to the back also)
- Switch colors for your next angry bird/pig
- Cut a strip of matching paper 2″ wide will wrap around your piñata and hot glue it on
- Start cutting out your angry bird faces using your colored paper and hot glue them onto the front of your piñatas
In addition to finding wonderful, quality goods for yourself, your children or your home, thrift store shopping is a great way to find items and ideas for crafts and DIY projects. Don’t forget to keep an eye out for some great items to help with your party decorations. And of course, your Angry Birds party will be a huge success when your guests leave with these wonderful Angry Birds Mini Piñata Party Favors!
About Deseret Industries
The Deseret Industries has 42 retail stores and donation centers that house more than 40,000 items, typically placing 5,000+ new items on the floor a day – a great reason to come in again and again. The stores sell quality second items, such as clothing, shoes, dishes, furniture, home décor, children’s books and toys, tools, outdoor play equipment and more. Additionally, Di sells new, low-priced goods, such as blankets, sheets, men’s suits, mattresses, bed frames and dressers.
Deseret Industries in 2015
• Served over 14,000 (14,281) associates
• Provided more than 65,000 (66,846) community grants (vouchers to needy families for free merchandise from DI, granted through partnerships with other charitable organizations in the communities served by DI).
• Helped place more than 5,600 (5,642) individuals in permanent, full-time employment following their training at DI. (However, 692 of these were DI-funded ERS placements—account reps I think—so 4,950 is the number of associates—store and non-store.)
• Produced more than 37,000 (37,240) humanitarian kits to provide relief to victims of disasters around the world.
• Manufactured and shipped more than 43,000 (43,005, including box springs) mattresses and 10,000 (10,667) wood furniture items for sale in DI stores and for humanitarian relief.
• The employees at Deseret Industries come from all parts of the world – our associates speak a total of 78 languages.
The 1st Anniversary Celebration for DI Fontana will be held on Saturday, May 21st from 10am-8pm at 16593 Valley Blvd, Fontana, CA. Be sure to stop in, enjoy some fun music and shop for some quality goods. The first 500 customers will receive a free tote bag. Shoppers can receive a 10% discount on any second-hand item. You must print the offer and bring it with you to the store to receive your discount. You will also receive coupons for 10% off future purchases if you bring donation items to the event.
We are positive your guest will love our Angry Birds party idea. Set each Angry Birds Mini Piñata Party Favors on a plate setting at your next party or use them for snacks to take to the movie!
Don’t forget to our Angry Birds Mini Piñata Party Favors on Pinterest. So you have it on file later.
For more Angry Birds Party Idea check out our Pinterest Board