Hundreds of employee volunteers band together in support of Universal Studios Hollywood’s 14th annual “Day of Giving” community outreach event as the destination once again plays host to 300 homeless children from Operation School Bell.
Below are a few fun facts about this event.
- Universal Studios Hollywood’s “Day of Giving” event is designed to connect employees with diverse community organizations, many of which are beneficiaries of the Discover A Star Foundation.
- This year marked Universal Studios Hollywood’s 14th annual “Day of Giving” event and hundreds of USH employees volunteered their time for this noteworthy cause.
- Universal Studios Hollywood served as the home base for one of the six volunteer locations, hosting Operation School Bell and nearly 300 homeless children from over 50 LAUSD elementary schools.
- The children were treated to a variety of back to school needs, including new clothing, sneakers and school supplies, followed by an afternoon of fun at Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Other volunteer location included:
- Shane’s Inspiration, where employees took part in a “play date” with special needs children at a nearby Shane’s Inspiration playground.
- Project Angel Food, where employee volunteers prepared and packaged meals for terminally ill clients.
- Tree People, where employee volunteers assisted with tree care, maintaining trails, and removing invasive plants.
- Union Rescue Mission’s Hope Gardens, where volunteers transformed indoor and outdoor living spaces that will serve as educational, recreational and enrichment areas for children.
- MEND, where volunteers assisted with the sorting and management of donations in MEND’s Emergency Foodbank and Clothing Center.