During the holidays my family and I love visiting neighborhoods with homes that are decked out with elaborate Christmas decorations and attend a few Christmas themed events at our favorite themed parks. This year due to covid19 we thought we would have to miss out on seeing the beautiful holiday decorations at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Until, we received a special innovation to be one of the first to preview their new Holiday in the Park® Drive-Thru Experience.
I enjoyed it so much I want to go again on New Year’s Day. I’m hoping they offer a drive-thru option after covid19 restrictions are lifted.
As one of the largest holiday drive-through events in Southern California and the only one inside a theme park, the Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience will include eight immersive, distinctly different areas throughout the 125-acre theme park which will be filled with an exquisite palette of colorful. twinkling lights, choreographed to festive music. Guests will enjoy distanced greetings from beloved holiday characters all decked out for the holidays, popular iconic holiday decorations, a drive-by featuring Santa and Mrs. Claus and their helpful elves, and much more:
• Rockin’ Universe in DC UNIVERSE™ features “dancing” lights customized to
contemporary holiday music favorites in one of the largest light displays of its kind inSouthern California
• Merry Lane, located in METROPOLIS™ includes magnificent, larger-than-life 30-foot brilliantly lit ornaments with thousands of twinkling lights synchronized to holiday music
• The Underground, a newly added section of the park this year, will feature several rarely-seen show cars from world-famous West Coast Customs’ vast collection, in a unique setting decked out for the season (car enthusiasts—get your cameras ready!)
• Winter Wonderland is the site of beautifully adorned pine trees with red and white lights at Katy’s Kettle, continuing with fanciful “ice” sculptures and tree-filled white lights simulating winter-like conditions along the hilly path toward Viper
• Holiday Square is a kaleidoscope of breath-taking color, featuring falling “snow” and hundreds of thousands of lights on trees and buildings throughout the main gate area
• Snowy Nights will delight guests with its high energy vibe and contemporary tunes while marveling at the magnificent silver and blue décor of the area
• North Pole Plaza located in front of Golden Bear Theatre, is where Mrs. Claus and her merry, mischievous, and bumbling elves will entertain guests from afar
• Gleampunk District is the largest area of the event and is a journey back in time to the sights and sounds of the 19th century’s industrial revolution, featuring thousands of lights illuminating the tree-lined streets and the steampunk-inspired mechanical sculptures amid the light-blanketed planters. Santa will bid guests a joyous holiday farewell from the safety of his magnificent over-sized sleigh at the conclusion of the Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience.
The Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience will debut November 20 and run daily through November 29 (Thanksgiving week), Friday through Sunday the following two weeks, and daily December 18 through January 3, 2021, beginning at 6 p.m. each night.
The safety of guests and team members is always Six Flags’ top priority. The new Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience will offer a contactless experience that follows CDC, state, and county health and safety guidelines. To prevent overcrowding and provide proper social distancing, a limited number of cars will be allowed each night.
To purchase tickets goto