This Easter, Imonni was blessed with a gift in her basket from Nintendo for her Nintendo Switch! This month Nintendo released Animal Crossing: New Horizons game, which is now available for the Nintendo Switch. The game is very engaging and I’m actually having Imonni read the props to me as a homeschooling activity. Today’s story is brought to you by the Nintendo Co; all thoughts are my own.
In the game, you and your child gets to travel to a deserted island and create your own paradise as you explore, create and customize your island life. Before you take off for your island, you can design your character and then choose where to set up your tent once you arrive – which you can eventually choose to upgrade to your very own home!
- You can even customize the actual island itself by putting items like furniture and flowers around the island and, after some time, can even adjust the island’s terrain! – As your island develops, new facilities and residents may join your community.
- Craft everything from tools to creature comforts as you create and customize your island community.
- Show off your island utopia to family and friends—or pack your bags and visit theirs.
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, you can transport yourself to a virtual island paradise. With relaxing gameplay you can enjoy by yourself or with friends and family, the game is a breath of fresh island air. – Nick Chavez (Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing)
- Free updates will be added to the game throughout the year, delivering fresh seasonal content for you to enjoy. The first update adds “Bunny Day” in April, as well as the ability to use online features, which requires a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
- When connected online, it’s possible to talk with friends who also have Animal Crossing: New Horizons with the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app, using the smartphone as a keyboard or for voice chat.
- Nintendo Switch Online members can now also use NookLink, which is part of the Nintendo Switch Online app, to scan a Custom Design QR Code pattern from previous games Animal Crossing: New Leaf or Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer with a real-life smartphone and then download them to Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Additionally, those that link their Nintendo Account to their Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp mobile game will be able to order special items in Animal Crossing: New Horizons and get 50 Leaf Tickets in Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp.
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, you can share an island with others, show off your island utopia to family and friends or pack your bags and visit theirs. Even without hopping on a flight, you’ll meet a cast of charming animal residents bursting with personality. Friendly faces like Tom Nook, Timmy and Tommy will lend their services and happily help you grow your budding community, from opening up certain shops, to upgrading your home and decorating it with furniture and accessories – some you can even design and personalize!
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is now available in stores, in Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch system or at Nintendo.com at a suggested retail price of $59.99. The game is compatible with both Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite. In addition to the game, themed carrying cases visually inspired by Animal Crossing are available for the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite systems at a suggested retail price of $24.99 each.
For more information about Animal Crossing: New Horizons Click Here
P.S The Nintendo Switch features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access.
Thank you, Nintendo for blessing us with Animal Crossing: New Horizons!