The popularity of animated shorts is growing by leaps and bounds becoming a must see, before, a Disney film. Although, there have been several cute short created in the past year, I truly believe Sanjay’s Super Team deserves the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film in 2015 and Disney should look into creating an animated series around the short. I was able to attend this event because Disney/Pixar, Disney Channel, and ABC sent me to Los Angeles on an all-expenses-paid press trip in exchange for my coverage, all opinions are my own.
I have to admit, for the first time in my life, I am in love with an animated short and crazy about the Director behind it. I was blessed with the opportunity to interview Sanjay Patel, and he is one of the most down to earth people I’ve ever met and his wife to be is incredibly sweet. It was one of the most interesting interviews, I participate in this year, and I want to share with you some key takeaways from the interview.
About Sanjay’s Super Team
“Sanjay’s Super Team” yet, it is the new short film from Pixar Animation Studios that runs right before Disney’s “The Good Dinosaur.” Accomplished artist Sanjay Patel uses his own experience to tell the story of a young, first-generation Indian-American boy whose love for western pop culture comes into conflict with his father’s traditions. Sanjay is absorbed in the world of cartoons and comics while his father tries to draw him into the traditions of his Hindu practice. Tedium and reluctances quickly turns into an awe-inspiring adventure as the boy embarks on a journey he never imagined, returning with a new perspective that they can both embrace.
The heartwarming story behind the short
Sanjay worked on a number of projects at Pixar for almost 20 years. At the beginning of his career wanting to fit in as an immigrant he embraced more traditional animation art. After about 10 years of workikng at Pixar was introduced to South Asian art and fell in love with it. This inspired him to create books outside of Pixar that where a big hit. The books where Little books of Hindu Deities that allowed him to reconnect with his culture.
Wowing John Lasseter
After seeing Sanjay artwork at an Asian Art Museum Pixar invited him to do a show of his artwork and John Lasseter saw it and ask Sanjay to do a short Film.
Although, Sanjay was a little reluctant to do the short his day encouraged him to peruse the opportunity.
Sanjay Patel, “I finally had a conversation with my father and he said “Sanjay you this studio has supported you and educated me for like 20 years. They’ve had this relationship with you, and they’re finally asking you to try this thing and for you not to try would be bad karma.”
What Filmmakers hopes kids children of immigrants take from the story
The story bridges cultures and parents of immigrant decent want to pass on something from their lives to their children. However, their kids are more interested in the newest flashiest thing. Both Director Sanjay Patel and Producer Nicole Grindle hope the lesson kids will learn is that their parents wisdom they can give to them and although they are not interested in it now it will benefit them in the future.
Nicole Grindle, “Wow! My parents think that’s cool. So I should maybe pay attention a little bit more.”
Catch “Sanjay’s Super Team”, in theathers right before Disney/Pixar “The Good Dinosaur”
More Good Dinosaur Party Idea on Pinterest
Follow MrsKathyKing’s board The Good Dinosaur Birthday Party Ideas on Pinterest.
More The Good Dinosaur Party Idea
Free Good Dinosaur Printable Decorations
- Free Good Dinosaur Printable Party Decoration Pack
- Free Good Dinosaur Printable Cupcake Toppers & Decorations
- Free Good Dinosaur Birthday Party & Playdate Invitation Templates
- DIY Cupcake Tower Printable and Instructions
- How to Plan The Good Dinosaur Play Dates
- Free Good Dinosaur Playdate Party Printable
Good Dinosaur Gift Ideas
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Introducing Spot And Friends
- 50 Good Dinosaur Gift Ideas
- 15 Dinosaur Themed Nursery Ideas inspired by The Good Dinosaur
- 20 Disney® Pixar The Good Dinosaur Books
Good Dinosaur Party Supplies
Good Dinosaur Crafts
- The Good Dinosaur Lightning Bugs Craft
- Arlo Origami Good Dinosaur Paper Craft
- Dino – Snowflake the Good Dinosaur Paper Craft Activity
Good Dinosaur Printable Activites
- 17 The Good Dinosaur Printable Activities
- Free Printable The Good Dinosaur Board Game!
- The Good Dinosaur Printable Dino-Rama Activity
- Holiday Activites – The Good Dinosaur Christmas Advent
Good Dinosaur Party Food Idea
Good Dinosaur Party Activites
Good Dinosaur Interviews & Fun Facts
- Meet the voices behind Disney/Pixar “The Good Dinosaur”
- Meet the Director of Sanjay’s Super Team: Sanjay Patel
- 4 Interesting Facts on the Creation of Disney/Pixar’s ‘The Good Dinosaur’ from Director Peter Sohn & Producer Denise Ream
Good Dinosaur Movie Review
At the Premier of the Good Dinosaur
- At the Green Carpet premiere of The Good Dinosaur
- Follow me as I embark on a trio of Magical Experiences
I want to thank Director Sanjay Patel and Producer Nicole Grindle for taking the time to speak for with us. In addition, I want to thank Disney/Pixar for blessing me with such a wonderful opportunity.
A TRIO OF T-REXES — An Apatosaurus named Arlo must face his fears—and three impressive T-Rexes—in Disney•Pixar’s “The Good Dinosaur.” Featuring the voices of AJ Buckley, Anna Paquin and Sam Elliott as the T-Rexes, “The Good Dinosaur” opens in theaters nationwide Nov. 25, 2015.
In theaters on Nov. 25, 2015, “The Good Dinosaur”