My youngest son is in football and after practice, the he’s always starving. I don’t always have the budget to grab something from a fast food restaurant. Therefore, my hubby and I have become masters at quick and easy one pot meals. With such a busy schedule ahead of us, I am thankful that Mat and I share in making dinner. One of our favorite one pot meals is a recipe that Mat created called “Italian Nachos”, it only uses five ingredients. Although this recipe was design to go with tortilla chips I prepare Joy’s and mine with rice which is delicious.
Really Easy Italian Nachos:
Makes 6 – 8 Servings
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbp powdered garlic
- 1 Brick of Velveeta Cheese
- 1 Can Ro-Tel Tomatoes & Diced Green Chilies (Mild)
- 1 can Evaporate milk
- 1 Can Olives
- 1 Can Mushrooms
- 1 Lb Italian Sausage
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 3 lb Bag of tortilla chips
Quick and easy directions
- Combine ground beef, Italian sausage, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper and 1 tbp powdered garlic
- Mix together ground beef and Italian sausage until brown
- Cut full brick of Velveeta cheese in small squares and place in a large microwaveable bowl
- Add 1 can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes & Diced Green Chilies, evaporated milk to Velveeta cheese and microwave for 16 – 18 minutes until cheese is melted and stir
- Take a big spoon and pour the cheese over chips and top with meat mixture, olives, and mushrooms.
Essential Tools Used:
My husband and I love to cook! So we tend to keep our kitchen drawer stocked with neat kitchen gadgets. As a Good Cook Ambassador, I am blessed to try so many of their products. Recently I received 5 of Good Cook’s kitchen tools to try out. For the recipe above Mat and I used 3. The (E) Safe-Cut Can Opener which Mat loved because it easy to grip and cuts from the side instead of directly on the top. I always have to pause and dig through my kitchen drawer to find my measure spoon, so I found the (D) Flip Measuring Spoon very handy. Finally, I am a bit of a clean freak, so I dislike laying my mixing spoon directly on the stove. Therefore my favorite new tool is the (B) Pot Clip Holder. The other two I received the (C) SMART Ice Cream Scoop and (A) Egg Separator which I can’t wait to use.