Today’s wonderful post is sponsored by Dairy Queen. I was blessed to attend an all-expenses-paid press trip to their corporate headquarters in Minneapolis, in exchange for my coverage of their new DQ Bakes product line. All opinions are my own.
On Friday nights after the football game, Matt and I would wrap up our date by going to our local Dairy Queen and grabbing dessert. Fast forward, 21 years later, and you will still find us at a Dairy Queen for dessert, but with our kids, after a hard week of school and work.
DQ Bakes Summit
I am a big fan of Dairy Queen, and it was a huge blessing being chosen as one of 5 influencers in the nation to get a sneak peek into DQBakes Institute. Before attending this special trip, I started to notice advertisements for the DQ Bakes oven hot menu, and I thought they were offering a new line of tasty desserts.
I am here to admit, I was completely wrong! Dairy Queen is all grown up now, offering a classy array of fun and filling foods via their DQ Bakes, which offers something for everyone. During my trip, I was able to try everything on the menu. Normally, I find one or two items that are not a fit for me; however, I enjoyed every item on the DQ Bakes menu, and could not wait to have my family try the items on the menu too!
In addition to tasting the items on the menu, I had the rare opportunity to meet the masterminds behind DQ Bakes amazing menu. Even more, the team took us into the test kitchen where we learned how to make each of the items on the menu.
Introducing DQ Bakes
DQ Bakes celebrates its 75th anniversary with a new menu that is more than fast food, it’s positively Fan Food. DQ Bakes are hot and delicious, made-to-order sandwiches, snacks, and desserts, available any time of the day. Shortly after coming home from my trip, I took the family to our Local DQ ( Dairy Queen) for dinner. Below is an outline of DQ Bakes menu with my family’s reactions to their favorite foods.
The Artisan-style Sandwiches are served hot using both ciabatta and basil-cheese focaccia breads:
• Turkey BLT: Oven-roasted turkey breast, aged Swiss cheese and hickory-smoked bacon topped with mayo, fresh tomato and lettuce, served hot from the oven on an artisan-style ciabatta roll
Matt’s reaction, “I can not believe this sandwich is made at a fast food spot. It tastes like something I would eat at a high-end restaurant for lunch.”
• Chicken Bacon Ranch: All white meat marinated grilled chicken, aged Swiss cheese and hickory-smoked bacon, topped with creamy ranch, fresh tomato, and lettuce, served hot from the oven on an artisan-style ciabatta roll.
Houston’s reaction, “Mom this is delicious can we order one to take home.”
• Chicken Mozzarella: Signature all white meat crispy chicken strips, mozzarella cheese and rich marinara sauce, served hot from the oven on an artisan-style basil cheese focaccia roll
Snack Melts beat boring snack wraps — giving Fans a whole new way to snack with hot snack melts that feature premium ingredients.
• Buffalo Chicken: Filled with all white meat marinated grilled chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and real cheddar cheese, then toasted to perfection
• Chicken Bacon BBQ: Filled with all white meat marinated grilled chicken, smoky BBQ sauce, hickory-smoked bacon and real cheddar cheese, then toasted to perfection
Mrs. Kathy King’s reaction, “This is my favorite item off the menu. The BBQ sauce is full of flavor.”
• Chicken Quesadilla: Filled with all white meat marinated grilled chicken, fresh tomatoes and onions, ripe California olives and real cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, then toasted to perfection
Hot Desserts à la Mode combine hot and cold for a satisfying treat.
• Triple Chocolate Brownie: A warm, chocolate brownie made with a blend of milk, semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate, drizzled with Cocoa Fudge™ and choco chunks, served hot from the oven with cold and creamy DQ vanilla soft serve.
Houston reaction, ” Oh my Goodness, this is soooo goood.”
• Apple Tart: A flaky dessert crust topped with Granny Smith apples, rolled oats, butter and brown sugar, and drizzled with caramel, served hot from the oven with cold and creamy DQ vanilla soft serve
Matt’s reaction, “This taste just like how your mom use to make them hun!”
• Fudge Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie: A warm, decadent chocolate chip cookie made with semi-sweet chocolate chips, a dark fudge center and drizzled with Cocoa Fudge, served hot from the oven with cold, creamy DQ vanilla soft serve
Mrs. Kathy & Joy’s reaction, “This is officially one of my favorite desserts, I love the mixture of the DQ vanilla soft serve with a warm chocolate chip, cooked filled with melted chocolate. ”