St. Patrick’s Day is a wonderful opportunity to invite a little color into your home. Add a pinch of green or a splash of all the colors in the rainbow to make your living space a little more festive. But wait-don’t head out to the stores if you want to spruce things up; simply check out these tips and tutorials to make your own DIY St. Patrick’s Day decorations.
Here’s 7 DIY St. Patrick’s Day decorations
1. St. Patrick’s Day Treat Boxes | Source: DIY Inspired – Use these concepts to turn any box in your home into a green, Irish-inspired treat box for your little ones.
2. Rustic Shamrock Garland | Source: We Know Stuff – If your decorating style is more understated, this rustic shamrock garland is the perfect craft for you. Using brown coffee filters, twine and a little creativity, you’ll have a beautiful piece of St. Patrick’s Day decor to hang on your mantle.
3. St. Patrick’s Day Blarney Wreath | Source: Adventures of Mel – With a grapevine wreath, some ribbon and shamrock garland to make this gorgeous wreath for St. Paddy’s Day.
4. Pot of Gold | Source: Just Us Four – How fun is this craft? The kids will love making their own rainbows with a pot of gold at the end. To make it tasty as well as fun, fill the pot with chocolate gold coins!
5. Shamrock Pallet Art | Source: 8th Street Bridge – This colorful craft can be made with pallets or any other wood scraps you have lying around the house. Purchase a shamrock template at the Dollar Tree or draw your own. I love the rainbow background. It really sets off the white shamrock!
6. St. Patrick’s Day Mesh Topiary | Source: Crafts ‘N Coffee – I never really know what to do with mesh, but this St. Patrick’s Day mesh topiary is inspired! It’s the perfect adult craft to celebrate the day.
7. Lucky Charms Wreath | Source: DIY Candy – Don’t let your kids see you stealing the marshmallows from the Lucky Charms to make this wreath. Isn’t it pretty?
How have you decorated your home for St. Patrick’s Day?
More St. Patrick’s Day Crafts, Recipes, Activities etc.
St. Patrick’s Day Cupcake Recipes
St. Patrick’s Day Outfits for Girls
St. Patrick’s Day
These are really nice ideas! I love the lucky charms wreath! Definitely not your typical green decoration but fits in with the holiday!