Nicholas Sparks’ new film “The Choice” is about a feisty medical student, Gabby Holland, who unexpectedly falls in love with her next door neighbor, Travis Shaw. A handsome ladies man with no intention of settling down, Travis has always believed a serious relationship would cramp his easy going lifestyle, while Gabby is preparing to settle down with her long-term boyfriend. Although the two are very different, they find themselves embarking on a surprising romantic journey neither imagined possible and leaves you asking the question, how far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?
I had an amazing opportunity to interview the two stars-they shared their views on life, love, and the choices that define your destiny. During the interview, I discovered a few interesting facts about Benjamin Walker’s (Travis) & Teresa Palmer’s (Gabby) experiences during the filming of the movie, and I thought I would share.
Here’s 9 interesting fact about Benjamin Walker & Teresa Palmer, the stars of Nicholas Sparks new film “The Choice.” Please feel free to share with your friends by clicking the share buttons above and to the left.
1) Teresa’s son is in the film as the couple’s baby boy: During our interview, she shared her experience of being a working mom and states, “First and foremost, my passion has always been to be a mother. So I can’t let my work stop me from engaging with my son, in the way that I want to. I choose projects that embrace the fact that I am a mother. I know I am blessed to be able to do this because working moms don’t get to bring their kids to work. If I had to make choice, I would be at home with my family.”
2) The couple enjoyed working together on set: Benjamin Walker states: “You work with a lot of people in your career and only about 2 or three you can say, you are a better actor because of the experience.” Teresa Palmer goes on to say “We had really fun working together and was able to breathe life into the characters.”
3) Don’t worry girls in real life Benjamin Walker is not the womanizer he portrays, on film: Teresa set the record straight by stating ” Benjamin is very much a gentleman.” Benjamin goes on to say “I do have a free willing sprite; I can be reckless at times, and feel it’s important to have a good time because we don’t have much long on this earth so you might else well enjoy your life,” as his character Travis.
Everyone Needs Someone
4) Benjamin has a genuine romantic side to him and believes everyone needs to be loved: Benjamin goes on to say ” I like to think that I am not as delusional at Travis, who thinks he doesn’t need anyone. We all need some help rather it’s a partner or family.”
5) But Teresa loved most about playing Gabby in the movie: “The Choice.” Mrs. Palmer shares ” Gabby is a strong woman with her own point of view, and I felt I could get behind this character. Also, life is not always black at white it;s many shades and I love that she is really human. She makes this choice, and she is committed to this other person. A moment arise, and she decides to follow her heart. I think society judges people for cheating, and I love how it made her more vulnerable and a real human being. That’s what set this apart from other traditional romances.”
6) The puppy in the movie are too cute; however, they were a bit of a distraction: Benjamin states “The dogs are great, but they were a little annoying because every time you see them on screen, everyone is looking at these gorgeous dogs while we are acting our hearts out and everyone just wants to watch the cute dogs.”
7) Dog’s love to eat anything and that is exactly what Benjamin Walker pet co-star did: When the occasion arose he actually did eats the cake in the birthday party scene. Teresa states ” Travis Dog would constantly eat all of our food.”
8) Benjamin Walker has a theatrical background: In his upcoming Broadway play, his next role will be a much different part this than the character he plays in “The Choice.” He will be starring in the Broadway play American Psycho the Musical.
9) For security reason, Teresa had a train guard dog with her on set that was extremely protective: Teresa’s states, “I had and still have this crazy dog that is a certify security dog that I refuse to use the electric collar on because it felt it was cruel. So he quickly started to become just untrained, he broke my trailer door three times.” Benjamin goes on to say “The dog was only protecting Teresa like he was trained to do. She would go on set, and he would literally bust down the door, to protect her. That’s a great dog.”
More on “The Choice”
3 Quotes from Nicholas Sparks on Love, Heartache & Choices
3 life lesson from Nicholas Sparks new film
9 Interesting facts about Benjamin Walker & Teresa Palmer, the stars of Nicholas Sparks new film “The Choice.”
Follow MrsKathyKing’s board MrsKathyKing.com on Pinterest.
Leave a Reply