‘Gifted,’ starring Chris Evans, Mckenna Grace, Octavius Spencer, and Jenny Slate, is about a young girl who has an exceptional gift for mathematics. When her grandmother discovers that Mary ( the young girl ) has this gift, she pursues custody for her, resulting in a nail-biting showdown in court.
Recently, I attended the press junket for the upcoming movie gifted where I learned some interesting facts.
Here is 7 Fun Facts About The ‘Gifted’ Cast:
1. Sing a little tune – In the film, there is an assortment of complex math equations to be solved, for Mckenna to remember them for her scenes, Mckenna and her mother put together a song for her to remember them.
2. Adopted a pet – Chris Evans and the entire cast and crew for the film adopted a pet from the animal shelter they filmed at. Chris named his dog ‘Dodger’ after the dog who stars in the animated film ‘Oliver and Company.’
3. Seal of approval – Mckenna Grace packed a stuffed seal with her for her travels that’s been in her family for over three decades, the stuffed seal even makes an appearance in the film. The seal’s name is Dee Dee.
4. Pay up – On set, the cast and crew all had a swear jar that they were required to pay $5 per curse word and $10 per ‘F’ word used. According to Mckenna, Chris still owes money to the jar. According to Chris, he’s ‘In deep.’
5. Game night – Jenny, Octavius, Chris and Mckenna all went to the movies to get to know one another. Additionally, Chris Evans hosted game nights at his home. Also, Chris, Jenny, and Octavius wined and dined at Fish Camp in Huntington Beach, CA.
BONUS: Octavius Spencer strongly expressed how she thinks teachers should be paid a lot more, and deserve a lot of respect because of their influence on our youth.
Gifted makes it’s way to theaters on April 12th. It’s a great film that actively represents two sides to a conflict and forces you to choose a side. It isn’t the best viewing option for kids, but it would be fantastic for you and a date, especially if you’re parents and need a break from animated/kids movies.
Until Next Time
Frank Adler (Chris Evans) is a single man raising a child prodigy – his spirited young niece Mary (Mckenna Grace) – in a coastal town in Florida. Frank’s plans for a normal school life for Mary are foiled when the seven-year-old’s mathematical abilities come to the attention of Frank’s formidable mother Evelyn (Lindsay Duncan) whose plans for her granddaughter threaten to separate Frank and Mary. Octavia Spencer plays Roberta, Frank and Mary’s landlady and best friend. Jenny Slate is Mary’s teacher, Bonnie, a young woman whose concern for her student develops into a connection with her uncle as well.