Sponsored by Great Wolf Lodge Southern California all options are our own.
The Great Wolf Lodge in Southern California, located in Anaheim, CA transports you and the entire family to the Alps with it’s perfected cabin feel and look. Upon entering the lodge, which is essentially a massive cruise-ship on land, I noticed that the decor made things feel very homely. I liked that I could relax in the main lobby as there was plenty of space aside from all the traffic. Furthermore, it was relatively quiet apart from all of the exciting things you can do at the Lodge like it’s amazing indoor waterpark, it’s underground arcade and restaurants.
So without further ado, here are 10 reasons to visit The Great Wolf Lodge in Southern California.
1. The Massive Indoor Waterpark: The Great Wolf Lodge has the coolest indoor water park in all of California. Not only because it’s the only indoor waterpark in California, but because it has a lot to do in such a relatively small space. There are multiple water slides, a lazy rizer, wave pool, and two playgrounds for your kids to play in. Along with a pool where you can just relax and shoot some hoops. Furthermore, there are cabana’s that you can rent so your family has the perfect place to take a break from all of the fun.
2. Magi Quest: Oh my goodness. Magi Quest. Magi Quest is an interactive scavenger hunt game that takes place all throughout the hotel, and I honestly could have dedicated a stay to the hotel for just Magi Quest. The game has you personalize a wand, and use that want to interact with hidden objects all around the hotel, whether it’s a chest full of treasures, or a spooky lantern, the wand you’re given brings things to life. Guys. I fought a dragon. The game is fantastic.
3. The Arcade: The arcade at the Great Wolf Lodge isn’t gigantic, but it’s very respectable as it has a lot of the latest arcade games and cool prizes, definitely consider checking that out.
4. Glow In The Dark Miniature Golf: Right next to the arcade is a small miniature golf course with nine stops, and it’s an absolute blast. Everything has a neon tone to it, even the golf balls themselves so they were easy to keep track of. The miniature golf itself was easy enough for a child to complete without frustration, but interesting enough for their parents to stay entertained.
5. Kid’s Spa: We didn’t get to cover much about the spa in our short stay at the Great Wolf Lodge, but the spa seemed like the perfect place to have a mommy and me date.
6. Lodge Wood Fired Grill: The Wood Fired Grill serves incredible burgers and appetizers to any hungry families. You can honestly stay a week at the Great Wolf Lodge and never have to leave the hotel, everything you need is close by.
7. The Loose Moose: The Loose Moose is a kids buffet that will satisfy any cravings your little ones may have. The buffet offers chicken tenders, ribs, spaghetti, a dessert bar, grilled chicken, mac and cheese, and a lot more. The difference between the Loose Moose and the Wood Fired Grill, in my opinion, would be quantity vs. quality. If you want to eat a lot and fill up, go to the Loose Moose, if you want to savor something delicious, go to the Wood Fired Grill.
8. The Rooms, Of Course: The rooms at the Great Wolf Lodge are very roomy and comfortable. Some rooms even give you the option to have a Wolf Den or . Furthermore, you get your own television and room service which is always fantastic, and of course, the room is complete with a comfortable bed.
9. The Paw Pass System: The Paw Passes save you tons of money and allows your kids ( one paw pass per child ) to do a ton of things a Great Wolf Lodge resort has to offer, such as: bowling, visiting the arcade, playing MagiQuest or ShadowQuest, creating their very own Creation Station stuffed animal, pick out their MagiQuest wand, and plenty more all in one stay, it’s very cool.
10. Live Shows: Near the lobby of the Great Wolf Lodge, there’s a small dance party that goes on throughout the day for your kids, along with a live show that will tire your kids out just in time for bed.
If you need to get away either as a staycation or longer Great Wolf Lodge is the perfect location. My family and I have been dreaming about seeing what adventures lie within the doors of the lodge. Visiting this location was a blessing and dream come true. Thank you Great Wolf Lodge for hosting us.