Make your very own Max card from The Secret Life of Pets, using our free template and tutorial. You will be ready to party with invite/birthday card and an activity to keep the kids entertained. The Secret Life of Pets Party Craft is easy enough to be fun for all ages, and you can print the template directly onto the colored paper or light card. Our Max card would make a great gift card too, isn’t Max from The Secret Life of Pets just gorgeous!
Materials for The Secret Life of Pets DIY Birthday Party Invite and Party Craft
- Colored Paper/Light Card in Brown, Black and White
- Plain pre-folded card, or piece of card stock folded to make the base – A5 size (148 x 210mm / 5.8 x 8.3 Inches)
- *or a larger letter or A4 size piece of card/paper for the craft activity
- Glue Stick
- Black Fine Tip Marker
- The Secret Life of Pets DIY Birthday Party Invite and Party Craft Template
Instructions for The Secret Life of Pets DIY Birthday Party Invite and Party Craft
- Print out the pages of the template you need. The first four pages for the gift card/birthday invite size and the later pages for the kids craft activity size.
- Cut out the pieces using your scissors. I have created the template so that they are in mirror image, that way you turn them over before gluing into place. And you won’t see the printed template lines! It may be a bit difficult to see the black template pieces printed on the black paper, so you may have to cut these out of plain white paper and trace around them on the black using a pencil. Do try printing it as I could still see the lines on mine!
- Glue the main white piece onto your card. Once you have done that it is time to glue on the rest of the pieces. I started with the larger pieces first, ears then the brown on his face and finally the black nose and mouth.
- After you have glued on the larger pieces it is much easier to line up the smaller pieces with them. You can also use the first page of the template to help you find the right spot!
- The last little step is to draw on the pupils of the eyes using your black fine point marker.
And there you have your finished The Secret Life of Pets Birthday Party Invite/Birthday Card!
Bonus: The Secret Life of Pets DIY Party Craft
The Secret Life of Pets DIY Birthday Party Invite and Party Craft Template also includes everything you need to make this fun party activity to suit all ages! All you need to do is print out the larger templates and cut and glue in the same way as shown above. The larger pieces make it easier for little hands, and for the even littler ones you can cut out the pieces for them and let them simply glue them on. Imagine all the gorgeous Picasso style Max interpretations you will get! There are two main white base pieces, one with all the details and one blank. For the younger kids you can use the detailed template and they will have the lines to guide them on where to stick all the pieces on. I hope you enjoy making our The Secret Life of Pets Max Craft!
More Secret Life of Pets
|DIY Movie Invite
|Candy Dog Craft||Max Treat Jar
||DIY Dog Treat Jar|
|DIY Key Chain||
Sweetpea Paper Plate Craft
|More Secret Life of Pets Articles|
|7 FUN FACTS FROM ‘THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS’
Don’t forget to pin your favorite Crafts, Recipe and More