Is your home one of the millions across the country infected with minion fever? I know mine is. In fact, my two-year-old loves them so much she sleeps with one of the little guys. So I thought I would make a Minion Play-Doh craft that you can do with your little ones.
You can incorporate minion mania into bonding time with your kiddos by making these simple and quick Minion Play Dough activity for toddlers. The fun you’ll experience, and the affordable supply list are anything but despicable.
Here are the items needed for the Minion Play Dough Activity for toddlers
- Yellow and blue Play-Doh
- Googly eyes
- Black pipe cleaner
- Small water bottle or juice lid
Minion Play-Doh craft Instructions:
1. Grab a large piece of the yellow Play-Doh and create a minion-like shape by rolling it around and then squishing it down. Your goal is to make a shape that is small and stout, similar to a marshmallow unless you’re making Kevin, who is a tall minion.
2. Place the sharp edge of the bottle lid down in the center of the upper part of the minion to create an outline for his goggles. Doing this step now gives you an idea of where you’ll need to put his overalls on later.
3. Flatten a large piece of blue Play-Doh for his pants with your hands, or a small rolling tool.
4. Stand up the minion in the center of the Play-Doh, and then wrap the blue piece around his bottom half so that it is completely covered.
5. Join the edges of the blue Play-Doh on the minion’s sides by squeezing them together, and then pinch off the excess. Smooth this area over with your finger.
6.Cut the pipe cleaner into a few small pieces to represent your minion’s hair and goggle straps.
7. Insert the pipe cleaner into the top of the minion’s head. You can go with either a spiky effect by sticking them straight in, or a comb-over style by inserting the pieces of pipe cleaner into the middle of the head, then smoothing them down towards the outside. Alternate which side you lay them over towards.
8. Place a googly eye in the center of the goggle.
9. Push a piece of pipe cleaner into the Play-Doh on either side of the eye for the goggle straps.
*If you want your minion to have two eyes, forgo the lid step and simply place two small googly eyes in the center of the upper portion of the minion. Apply the goggle straps as indicated in step 9.
Now you’ve created a minion that even Gru would love!
More Minions Fun
Find More Ideas on Pinterest
Follow MrsKathyKing’s board Minion Party Ideas on Pinterest.