When I was in High School, the best time of the year was October because of Homecoming and Halloween!!! I would go with a group of friends to either Knotts Scary Farm or Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. This was a tradition that lasted until the birth of our sons’ Josh & Houston. Once the boys were born we did manage to squeeze in a date night here and there and began to look for new Hunted House attractions in California.
Last month we attend the preview party Haunted Hollywood Sports 2013 at Hollywood Sports Park, one of Southern California’s largest air-soft and paintball parks. I live very close to this location and although the events been going on since 2011 because of the parks size, I really did not know what to expect. I was use to going to events at the bigger attractions. However, I was extremely surprised at the quality of Haunted Hollywood Sports .
Monsters – The monsters costumes and make-up are amazing and very realistic. I know it is all make believe but when a zombie wanted to visit me, I really did feel a few chills going down my spine.
Attractions – Although this isn’t hosted at your tradition amusement park, they use the space to the fullest and offer, 3 Mazes, 3 Kill Houses, 2 Scare Zones, 40 foot high Rock Climbing Wall, shooting range and 18+ night club.
Uniqueness – If you love shooting games like Call of Duty you are in for a treat, Haunted Hollywood Sports is the only hunted attraction, I’ve been to where you get to actually shoot zombie using air soft guns. Before entering the Kill House, we were given instruction on how to properly use our weapons and issued a protective masked.
Perfect for the kids: I normally don’t let the my teenage son’s go to night events by themselves, however, I have no problems letting them go to Haunted Hollywood Sports. The location is smaller then the local amusement parks, therefore, I feel more comfortable finding them in case of a emergency. During the day, this location is a paintball site, therefore, the the security is much stricter.
Here’s a little preview for you to watch:
About Haunted Hollywood Sports
Dates of the Event: October 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26, 27, 31
Hours: 7:30pm to Midnight
Address: 9030 Somerset Blvd, Bellflower, CA 90706
New Attractions for 2013:
● Venom (sponsored by Venom energy drinks): Premiering in 2013, Venom Energy Drink presents “Venom”. Venture into an ancient temple, dodging deadly traps, navigating mazelike labyrinths and surviving attacks from countless entities and venomous snakes.
● Dead Man’s Trail Killhouse: Navigate the Deadman’s Trail through a thick, wartorn jungle of a plagued Pacific island. Facing an unknown threat on unfamiliar land, band together and survive the onslaught of undead natives, soldiers and other mysterious forces. Returning Attractions:
● All American Armageddon: In the nottoodistant future, global civilization has collapsed as panic and decay has swept across the Earth. The peaceful walls of your abandoned oil refinery that you call home has just been discovered. Will you run and hide t o survive another day? Or will you finally join the fight as an all out war is about to break loose? Welcome to the end of the life as you know it where survival is a part of everyday existence.
● Cannibal Caverns: What happened to the Search and Rescue team? Are the caverns and fallouts shelters truly abandoned or are they home to an unspeakable and insatiable evil? Uncover the answers with your team and solve the mystery of the missing Search and Rescue team. Investigate the claims of the caverns and fallout shelters and survive the desolate terrain and the unknown terror that lurks within!
● Zombie Killhouse: Haunted Hollywood Sports is home to the famous “Zombie Killhouse”. Returning bigger and better, visitors will fight against hordes of vicious zombies in hopes to survive the latest in biological outbreaks.
● Voodoo Killhouse: Making its return for 2013, the Voodoo Killhouse pits parkgoers against an onslaught of paranormal beings foretold by the local Shaman. Scarezones:
● Carnival of the Damned: The show has just started and these clowns and circus freaks running this dark bit top are always looking for a few new recruits to join their demented ranks. These clowns may have smiles on their faces…but its only to hide their twisted true intentions once you are within reach!
● Outpost Z: The last salvation for humanity starts here. An outpost struggles to keep civilized nature alive and the undead at bay.
● Club Crimson (Ages 18+): An 18 and over nightclub and lounge for weary travelers to relax, have fun, enjoy a drink, and dance to some of Southern California’s hottest DJ’s spinning the hottest tracks, raregrooves, and your favorite mashups! With scheduled celebrity guest performances and appearances, Club Zing is the perfect place to get turnedup and have fun in this 2 story nightclub complete with arcade games, pool tables, smoking patio and your favorite drinks!
*Update: Club Crimson and Carnival of the Damned will be graced throughout the run by renown magician, Naathan Phan!
● Suicide Rock: Are you ready to challenge your date or your friends at Haunted Hollywood Sports? Put your raw skills, strength, and courage to the test with our insane 40 foot high Rock Climbing Wall! With 7 different climbing stations to fit your skill level, take a deep breath before you scale our Suicide Rock.
● Evil Axis Shooting Range: Killhouses too intense for you? Need a little target practice before you battle the undead? Look no further, EVIL AXIS is perfect for you. Select your weapon of choice,
ammoup, and take aim in this oneofakind shooting range.