‘Finding Nemo’ was such a huge hit, We knew that the BRAND NEW Disney Pixar movie ‘Finding Dory’ would break box office records. So, we created this super cute and easy “Finding Dory Birthday Party Idea.”
Our DIY Dory & Nemo No Sew Hand Puppets Craft is SO easy that even older kids can do it completely on their own! Make these Dory and Nemo puppets then try the rest of the gang for even more fun! These no-sew hand puppets make a fun and simple gift for kids that they can take with them to the theater or use for imaginative play at home.
Materials Needed “Finding Dory Birthday Party Idea: DIY Dory & Nemo No Sew Hand Puppets Craft”
- Felt for Nemo – orange, white
- Felt for Dory – blue, yellow, black
- Black Sharpie Marker
- Large Googly Eyes
- Hot glue & Glue gun
Directions for our “Finding Dory Birthday Party Idea: DIY Dory & Nemo No Sew Hand Puppets Craft”:
Step 1) Place two pieces of the same colored felt onto a flat surface directly stacked on top of each other. Lay your hand over it so that your four fingers are together with your thumb off to the side like you would wear an oven glove. (Orange felt for Nemo, Blue felt for Dory)
Step 2) Using your black Sharpie marker trace comfortably around your hand to form the main part of the hand puppet. Make sure to leave plenty of room (about an inch) around your hand as you trace!
Step 3) Once you have finished tracing your hand carefully cut both pieces of felt at the same time. When you have cut both pieces of felt flip the pieces over so that the Sharpie marker will be inside of the hand puppet and hidden and stack back on top of each other.
Step 4) Using your hot glue gun apply a layer of hot glue around the edge of the inside of the mitt leaving the arm hole open and press firmly together.
- Cut a small rounded triangle shaped fin out of yellow felt and hot glue the small end onto the Dory puppet.
- Since Dory has some additional navy blue coloring cut a piece of felt to line the top of the hand puppet.
- Next, add large googly eye as you see in the photos. Once you have all of that glued on you’re ready to join in and have fun with your new friends!
- Cut two white strips of felt for the stripes of the clownfish and hot glue into place.
- Then cut two pieces of orange felt to form the fin (see photos) and glue together.
- Then hot glue to the top of the hand puppet to secure firmly in place.
- Using your black Sharpie marker outline the outside of the fin to give it more depth. Hot glue on your large googly eye and you’re ready to play!
Don’t forget to Check Out our Finding Dory Pinterest board for more Recipes and Craft
More On Finding Dory
Finding Dory In Theaters Now