The Lego Batman Movie has inspired many things including the 17 feet long Batmobile from Chevrolet made with more than 340,000 Lego pieces. Beginning June 13th and ending July, 2017, the life-size Batmobile will be on display at The LEGOLAND California Resort for guests to check out. The awesomeness does not stop there. We all know that a special day is approaching us known as father’s day!!! I can’t think of any better idea than for a father daughter or father son to spend the day checking out the Batmobile. As a matter of fact as a tribute to father’s day which is on June 18th, LEGOLAND is giving away miniature Batmobiles for the first 4,000 guests for you to take home. So make this father’s day a memorable one and don’t forget to pick up The Lego Batman Movie from Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment now on Blu-ray.
In the irreverent spirit of fun that made “The LEGO Movie” a worldwide phenomenon, the self-described leading man of that ensemble—LEGO Batman—stars in his own big-screen adventure. But there are big changes brewing in Gotham City, and if he wants to save the city from The Joker’s hostile takeover, Batman may have to drop the lone vigilante thing, try to work with others and maybe, just maybe, learn to lighten up.
The LEGO Batmobile from Chevy:
- Weighs 1,695.5 pounds
- Each tire is just over 100 pounds
- Is 83 inches (6.92 feet) high, 204 inches (17 feet) long and 111 inches (9.25 feet) wide
- The interior frame is made from more than 86 feet of square tube aluminum and weighs 282.5 pounds
- Is built using 344,187 LEGO bricks
- Uses 17 LEGO colors
- Took 222 hours to design and 1,833 hours to build
- Was designed and assembled in the LEGO® Model Shop in Enfield, Connecticut by LEGO®Master Builders
June 13 – July 4, 2017 (check www.LEGOLAND.com for Park hours as they vary)