I love hosting parties, and I’m always looking for creative ways to include my daughter Joy. Today’s helpful tips are sponsored by Deseret Industries in partnership with Boncom , all opinions are my own.
Here are 5 Tips on Hosting a Kid Friendly Dinner Party:
(Please feel free to share these tips with your friends by clicking on the buttons on the left and above this post).
Instead of using paper plates and cups create a lovely table setting for your younger guest by using less expensive dishware. It will make them feel included at dinner, and you won’t have to worry about your China, getting broke. I found the beautiful set below at a Dessert Industry Thrift Store for under twenty bucks.
To keep kids occupied before dinner is served set up a table with printables and crayons.
To make the party stress-free and enjoyable, for you, serve up something that is quick and easy. The tuna wraps below are simple to make and goes great with a fruit platter or chips.
Select an age-appropriate game that encourages bonding, critical thinking or creativity. If you do not have any games at your house or you just want to play something new, check out your local thrift store. On my last shopping trip to the Dessert Industries Thrift Store, we picked up Cadoo for Kids and Chicken Soup for the family soul at a fraction of their retail price. What’s more both games were in excellent condition.
End the night with a delicious dessert that will wow your guest. A cute idea is to serve individual Funfetti Cake Trifles.
For your next party don’t forget to stop by a Dessert Industry thrift store to see what you can find!
I recently, went shopping for Joy’s summer cloths at Deseret Industries new store in Fontana, CA. I was able to find over 15 outfits for her; most of which I can mix and match extending her summer wardrobe to over 30 outfits! I bought over 24 items for less than $61.00 including tax. I spent about $4.50 per outfit and 17 of the 24 items were from Gymboree, Baby Gap, OshKosh B’gosh, Crazy 8 and The Childs Place.
The next time you go thrift store shopping, don’t forget to use the method above as it will save you time and money.
In 2014, Deseret Industries
- Served nearly 12,000 associates.
- Provided more than 75,000 community grants (vouchers to needy families for free merchandise from DI, granted through partnerships with other charitable organizations in the communities served by DI).
- Helped place more than 3,500 individuals in permanent, full-time employment following their training at DI.
- Produced more than 55,000 humanitarian kits to provide relief to victims of disasters around the world.
- Manufactured and shipped more than 72,000 mattresses and 20,000 wood furniture items for sale in DI stores and for humanitarian relief.
- Deseret Industries has 42 retail stores and donation centers in seven western states, one humanitarian center, and one furniture manufacturing facility.
Do you have any great tips on hosting a kid-friendly dinner party.? Please share in the comment below.